Suggestions for the Tip of the Month are from the Tom Givens article mentioned in the Interesting Thoughts article this month.
- Have the gun on your person, it won’t do you any good otherwise.
- Solid initial training, followed up with periodic sustainment training with your carry gear leads to a comfort level with the equipment fostering the willingness to actually wear it daily.
What to Learn
- Learn to access the handgun from concealment, safely, reliably and quickly.
- Learn to get good, solid hits with the first rounds out of the gun.
- It would be good to know how to reload your firearm and to fix malfunctions if they occur.
- Take a good course on legal issues, like one from Massad Ayoob or Andrew Branca,
and then carry on.