Interesting Thought… 10 Things Gun Owners Get Wrong About Their Self-Defense Rights… An interesting article from Gun Tests regarding things gun owners get wrong about their self-defense rights by Michele Byington, an attorney for a national firearms legal-defense program. It’s worth taking the time to read. It’s a bit long, so here is the link… https://www.gun-tests.com/issues/29_11/features/Gun-Owners-and-Self-Defense-Rights-26793-1.html?s=FB_121917A#.W45yAOhKiM
Another Interesting Thought… From a post from #ThinkItThrough on Facebook came this interesting thought… Firearms are for the preservation of life and liberty. For putting food on the table. And for sports. NOT for winning arguments, feeding our egos, or taunting petty drunks. Next time you feel frustrated at someone, or angry, think about this.
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- November 10 & 11…Concealed Carry Class in Alamogordo
UPDATE: Change of Date for the November Concealed ClassThe dates of the November Concealed Carry Class have been changed to November 3 & 4, 2018.
- December 1 & 2…Gun Show in Alamogordo…I’ll have a table…stop by for a visit or to sign up for a class
- December 8 & 9…Concealed Carry Class in Alamogordo
- Renewal and Refresher classes…Take a moment and check the dates on your license…NOW! It’s amazing how many people are late for their Refresher or Renewal classes. I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
Brief AAR of September Night Class in Las Cruces… Class went very well. 9 students participated, including 2 couples. We did a variety of drills with and without a flashlight as the light dimmed, and then we started doing scenarios. These included an alley ambush (both as an individual and with a partner), a bedroom scene, a late night run to a convenience store (included a rifle on that one since most folks never have the opportunity to shoot their rifle at night) and more. Stay tuned…we’ll be doing it again in the near future.
Don’t Forget…Regular Monthly Reminders… (I know you get tired of reading this but you do need to be reminded occasionally)…
- Don’t forget your Refresher Class! You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years (5 years for those with a veteran’s concealed handgun license). Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/5/18/the-mozambique-drill-a-history-and-how-toIn Closing… A big Thank You to Josh at Western Ace Hardware (formerly Western Auto), David at Postal Annex, Wendy at Si Senors, Matt at Casa de Suenos and Alex & Tammy at Our Country Kitchen for your support and encouragement. I couldn’t do it without you all!Richard Barbaras