Interesting Thought… Upcoming Revolver Class… We are in the process of developing a Defensive Revolver Class. In addition to those who carry a revolver as a concealed weapon, this class is ideal for those who have Revolver on their concealed carry license but don’t shoot one very much, or don’t even have one. After all, if it’s on your license you should be proficient with it. Please let me know if you would be interested in taking this class. We can provide a revolver for those who don’t have one.
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- November 16… Active Shooter Class in Las Cruces…Contact Coralie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 575.644.1692 or respond to this newsletter.
- November 23… Night Class in Las Cruces… Coralie at email@example.com or call 575.644.1692 to sign up for the class or respond to this newsletter.
- November 30 & December 1… Gun Show in Alamogordo. Stop by my table and visit (or sign up for a class).
- Renewal and Refresher classes…Take a moment and check the dates on your license…NOW! It’s amazing how many people are late for their Refresher or Renewal classes. I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
October 26 Active Shooter Class … A Brief After-action Report… The October 26 Active Shooter class went very well. After some initial skills development, we did several scenarios, each tailored to the concealed carrier. Prior to doing each scenario, we had a discussion about the best way to handle that particular situation. Then everyone did the scenario, individually or as a team, depending on the scenario. Other than a general introduction to each scenario, there was no set way on how to handle the situation and everyone (or each team in a couple of the scenarios) dealt with the scenario a little differently. A great learning experience for everyone, including the instructors. A big Thank You to all those who attended this class. We will be offering this class again in Las Cruces on November 16. Contact Coralie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 575.644.1692 to sign up for the class.
Interested in a Private (or Discrete) Concealed Carry Class?… I have been doing quite a few of these types of classes lately. Contact me if you are interested in a private concealed carry class for you and your family or a few friends or your business. Scheduling is very flexible and we can work out a time that is convenient for you.
Don’t Forget…Regular Monthly Reminders… (I know you get tired of reading this but you do need to be reminded occasionally)…
- Don’t forget your Refresher Class! You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course at the midpoint of your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years (5 years for those with a veteran’s license). Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Specific Individual or Small Group Firearms Training… A big benefit of an individual or small group training is that it can be tailored to your training needs or interests. Contact me and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs for yourself, a group of your friends, or for your business, Any of the classes we offer, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Scheduling is very flexible.
Tip of the Month… Looking back at this month’s Interesting Thought, whatever handguns and calibers you have on your license, you should be proficient with. In addition, you should certainly be proficient with the handgun you carry daily, or even if you only carry it occasionally. You’d be surprised how many people tell me they either don’t shoot much or haven’t shot since they say me in their last class 2 years ago. Remember, if you ever fire your concealed handgun in a self-defense situation, you are responsible for each and every round that you fire. I’d be happy to go out shooting with you sometime…just give me a call.
In Closing… Seems like ti’s gotten nastier out there. Carry your handgun wherever you can, be constantly aware of your surroundings, don’t go any place you shouldn’t or have concerns about and BE SAFE!