Interesting Thought… For the ladies…from Susan B. Anthony, well-known crusader for women’s rights and instrumental in the adoption in 1920 of the 19th amendment to the US Constitution giving women the right to vote…I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand.
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- May 13 & 14… May Concealed Carry Class
- June 10 & 11… June Concealed Carry Class
- July 15…Couples Class in Las Cruces (tentative)
- Gun Show in Ruidoso May 27 & 28… I’ll be working the tables for DCR Enterprises. Stop by and visit with me (and you are welcome to buy a gun as well).
- Renewal and Refresher classes…I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
Couples Class… The couples class tentatively scheduled for July 15 will be a scenario based class for couples. At this point there are six scenarios and each couple will participate in them as a team. How would you deal with a home invasion while you are watching TV one evening…or an intruder in your bedroom…or an assault when you are in your vehicle? Come join us and find out! This class is available to 1) couples who both armed or 2) couples even if only one is armed (you are still a team and need to work together in defensive situations). This will be a joint effort between Riclin Firearms Training and SAFE in Las Cruces and will be taught at the Butterfield Shooting Range west of Las Cruces. Contact Richard at email@example.com or Coralie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up for the class. Class size will be limited.
Want a Private Concealed Carry Class?… This is becoming very popular. Contact me if you are interested in a private concealed carry class for you and your family or a few friends. Scheduling is very flexible and we can work out a time that is convenient for you.
Carbine/Rifle Classes… Just finished a private Carbine Class for two individuals. We had a great time and they learned a lot! Contact me if you are interested in learning more about using the AR15 or AK47 (or any other rifle) for defensive and sporting purposes. I’d be happy to schedule a class for you or your small group.
Individual or Small Group Firearms Training… If you are interested in personalized firearms training tailored to your training needs or interests, or with a group of your friends, or for your business, contact me and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs. Any of the classes we offer, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Scheduling is very flexible.
Veterans… I am now offering two classes for active duty military personnel or veterans who have been out of the military for less than 20 years. One covers the legal aspects of concealed carry in New Mexico and what you need to know to apply for your concealed carry license. The second class is an introduction to defensive handgun shooting for those with limited defensive handgun training/shooting experience.
Regular Monthly Announcements (Reminders)… (I know you get tired of reading this but you do need to be reminded occasionally)
- You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years. Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Tip of the Month… Lock your doors! A recent study of burglaries in a midwest town indicated that in 70% of the burglaries the homeowner had left a door unlocked. And in 79% of vehicle break-ins, the doors were not locked. I know we all lock our doors when we are not at home but apparently, someone isn’t. Get in the habit of locking your doors when you are in the house and when you leave. And lock your vehicle doors when you are in it and when you leave. To quote Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training and the author of the article where I got this information,,,’Lock your damn doors!’
“Lock your damn doors!” ~ Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
In Closing… Summer is coming and the weather is getting warmer. Time to get to the range and do some shooting. Its also a good time to consider taking a class to take your shooting skills to the next level. I look forward to working with you.