Interesting Thought… No Interesting Thought this month. Instead, think about what you can do to make our state and this country a better place to live. Didn’t someone once say that all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing? Everyone can do something…
- May 17 & 18 Concealed Carry Class
Other Upcoming Events…
- May 10 & 24… Stayin’ Alive…a two session clinic sponsored by Riclin Firearms Training, LLC and SAFE, LLC at the Butterfield Park Shooting Range in Las Cruces designed to improve your defensive shooting skills including shooting after dark. Session 1 on Saturday May 10 and session 2 on Saturday May 24.
- May 16… Ladies Night Out sponsored by Aspire and Riclin Firearms Training, LLC at the Sidney Paul Gordon Shooting Range in La Luz. This will be an opportunity for ladies with concealed carry permits to improve their shooting skills.
- May 31… BUG gun social sponsored by the Otero Practical Shooting Association. Come out and bring your smaller pistols (or any pistol for that matter) and shoot.
If you would like to sign up for any of these classes or events or would like more information, contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040.
After Action Report…Defensive Carbine Class… They did lots of shooting, some of it in the pouring rain! A dose of the real world. We explored the use of the carbine for short and medium range defense, shot from a variety of positions including their strong and weak sides. Drills included the decision making Figure 8, moving and shooting quickly from one position to another, the infamous 2 Minute drill and much more. If you are interested in taking this class contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we’ll set up another class.
Pecos Run and Gun Update… It sounds like the Pecos Run and Gun is going to be a little more challenging this year with more shooting stages and maybe a greater distance. You must carry a rifle, handgun, ammunition, water and whatever else you think you might need for the entire 6.5 – 7 miles. There will be 7 shooting stops this year. I will be training several people to do the race this year. In the near future I will be posting comments and updates on my web site at www.riclin.net and my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/riclinfirearmsllc. Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated!
Interested in Personal Firearms Training? If you are interested in personal, individualized firearms training contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs. We’ll begin by consulting with you to determine what your training needs are or what you would like to accomplish. Together we’ll decide how to best meet those needs. Any of the classes Riclin offers, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Advanced Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal training basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Classes can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Scheduling is very flexible.
Regular Monthly Announcements (Reminders)…
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
- You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years. Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
Tip of the Month… Practice your presentation (or draw). Every time you put on your handgun, take a few minutes and practice your presentation. This is probably one of the most neglected skills that you need to practice. The more you do this the smoother (and quicker) your presentation will become. Do it properly…first, make sure your handgun is unloaded! Move to another room (get away from your ammunition). Then do several repetitions of your presentation from concealment. If you spend most of your day sitting, you might practice presenting your handgun from that position as well. Get used to accessing your handgun from concealment with the clothing that you happen to be wearing that day!
In closing… The weather is getting warmer, the days longer. Plenty of time to get out and train. I’ll see you at the range.