An Interesting Thought… Most wisdom does not arise from intellect, but rather from experience and the ability to recognize the world around you for what it is, rather than what you wish it to be. – Phil Messina, President, Modern Warrior Inc. Think about that thought…there is a lot of wisdom in it.
Tip of the Month… a reading assignment…read Principles of Personal Defense by Jeff Cooper. It is an excellent guide to the mental conditioning aspects of self defense and will give you a lot to think about. Available from Amazon.com.
May Concealed Carry Class… May 14 & 15…this is our regular monthly concealed carry class. Completion of this class meets the training requirement for a New Mexico Concealed Handgun License and enables you to apply for that license. If you have any questions, or would like to sign up for the class, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
For the Ladies…the Ladies Concealed Carry Group has been a great success so far. In addition to the four monthly meetings so far, we had a Ladies CCW Shooting Clinic on February 19 and a Gun Cleaning Clinic on March 28. Both of these were well attended. Look for more clinics in the future. The Otero Practical Shooting Association will be putting on a Ladies Only IPSC match on June 18 to introduce the ladies to the exciting world of competition shooting. The next meeting of the group will be Thursday May 12 at the Cuba Avenue Church of Christ in Alamogordo at 6:30 pm. Bring a friend! All ladies are welcome!
Specialty Classes… We now offer a variety of specialty classes, including…
- Night Classes (learn to shoot at night…this is when most defensive situations occur and shooting at night is much different than shooting in the daylight)
- Defensive Shotgun (learn to use your shotgun in a close quarters self defense situation)
- Defensive Carbine, (learn to use your AR, AK, 10/22 or lever action rifle in a close quarters self defense situation)
- Advanced Defensive Handgun Class (advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques)
- Women’s Advanced Defensive Handgun Class, (advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques oriented towards women’s unique situations)
If you are interested in taking one of these classes, please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we can discuss putting a class together. My teaching schedule is very flexible and can certainly accommodate your training and scheduling needs.
Private, Individual or Specialized Classes… If your particular training needs are not being met by our regular classes, or you desire some on-on-one instruction to improve your shooting skills, please let me know. I’m willing to travel to your locale if we can work out the logistics.
Refresher and Renewal Classes… Don’t forget to check the expiration date on your license to see if you need to take a Refresher (2 years after the issue date of your license) or a Renewal (2 months prior to the expiration date on your license). In addition to scheduling these classes periodically, I am also teaching them on request if we can work out the logistics so give me a call at 575.430.3040 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you need this class.
Supporters… Thank you to all our supporters (and my apologies to any I have forgotten).
- David at the Postal Annex in Ruidoso (575.973.1049)
- Clint at Ricochet Shooting Sports, (575.434.GUNS)
- James at Basin Firearms (575.430.0541)
- Wyatt at the Gun Rack (575.443.1528)
- Larry at Fire Power Gun and Pawn of Ruidoso (575.257.3943)
- Robert at the Wal Mart (575.434.5870) Sporting Good Department
- Concealcarrychat.com… http://www.concealcarrychat.com
- Cressie at Mountain Magic in Cloudcroft (575.682.2348)
Please patronize these fine businesses that cater to and support shooters.
Going Out To Eat… To determine if a particular restaurant has Restaurant license (which according to the NM Alcohol and Gaming Division means they can only sell beer and wine) go to https://riclin.net/. Remember, you may not consume alcohol while you are in possession of your concealed firearm. And if you see any restaurants with signs indicating that you are not welcome with your concealed handgun, please let me know.
In closing… As I mention above, if you are interested in any of our specialty class, let me know. I’d be glad to work with you.