Interesting Thought… From friend John Tate on the recent London terror attack…
“He threw chairs, glasses, and bottles at the attackers in a bid to stop them.”* Such was the reaction of a man attacked by London terrorists armed with ” large knives.”
Did you know that not only guns but also knives are essentially illegal in England? †
Surprise, surprise – someone forgot to tell the terrorists.
According to news reports, It took the police 8 minutes to respond and terminate to the attack.* How many lives could have been saved had been citizens present armed with concealed weapons who could have responded immediately?
LESSON: If you have a gun, know how to use it and can legally carry it – CARRY IT! That small amount of extra weight won’t be a burden, and it does no good in storage at home (or in your vehicle).
† It is illegal to carry a knife in public in England without good reason – unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62cm) or less.
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- July 8 & 9… July Concealed Carry Class
- July 15…Couples Class in Las Cruces
- August 12 & 13… August Concealed Carry Class
- Renewal and Refresher classes…Check the dates on your license…NOW! It’s amazing how many people are late for their Refresher or Renewal classes. I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
Couples Class… How would you and your spouse or significant other respond to…
- a home invasion while both of you are watching TV one evening or
- an intruder in your bedroom or
- an assault when you are in your vehicle or
- while you are walking while carrying your child or a bag of groceries?
Come join us and find out!
Whether you are both armed, or if only one of you is armed, this class will be an excellent way to communicate and discover what role each will play in a self-defense situation. It is not for beginning shooters.
A team effort between Riclin Firearms Training and SAFE in Las Cruces this Couples Class will be taught at the Butterfield Shooting Range west of Las Cruces.
The class will begin at 9:00 and finish in the midafternoon. Lunch will be provided. Cost is $150 per couple.
Contact Richard at email@example.com or Coralie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up for the class. Class size will be limited.
Something for the Ladies… An interesting article about a mother’s perspective… I am a Mom, I am Armed
Want a Private Concealed Carry Class?… These are becoming very popular. Contact me if you are interested in a private concealed carry class for you and your family or a few friends or your business. Scheduling is very flexible and we can work out a time that is convenient for you.
Individual or Small Group Firearms Training… If you are interested in personalized firearms training tailored to your training needs or interests, or with a group of your friends, or for your business, contact me and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs. Any of the classes we offer, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Scheduling is very flexible.
Regular Monthly Announcements (Reminders)… (I know you get tired of reading this but you do need to be reminded occasionally)
- You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years. Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Tip of the Month… Take a few minutes and read this article by Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training on tips on how to survive a terrorist vehicle attack.
Think about what he says and think also abut the Interesting Thought above. It appears that this may become more and more of a problem.
In Closing… It’s getting hot outside, but that’s no excuse not to go and do some training. Get yourself to the range. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water. The more you practice and train the better you will respond should the moment arise.