An Interesting Thought… A carry permit is but a small piece of plastic…but a HUGE leap in Personal and Civic Responsibility. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic… From the signature of a member of the USCAA Concealed Carry Forum…there is a lot of truth to this statement…think about it.
January Concealed Carry Class… January 14 & 15…this is our regular monthly concealed carry class. Completion of this class meets the training requirement for a New Mexico Concealed Handgun License and enables you to apply for that license. If you have any questions, or would like to sign up for the class, contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Ladies Concealed Carry Retreat… The First Annual Ladies Concealed Carry Retreat will be held on March 24 & 25, 2012 at the beautiful Sacramento Assembly, south of Cloudcroft. Sponsored jointly by Riclin Firearms Training, LLC and SAFE, LLC, this will be a 2 day retreat with 4 shooting sessions and some other fun and interesting activities designed to improve your defensive shooting skills as well as to assist you in applying those skills in defensive situations. Meals and lodging are included. There are 12 slots available for this first retreat. This retreat is not intended for beginners. Participants must have a New Mexico concealed carry license or equivalent training.
Refresher Class… Don’t forget to check the expiration date on your license to see if you need to take a Refresher (2 years after the issue date of your license) or a Renewal (2 months prior to the expiration date on your license).
Defensive Carbine Class… Has been rescheduled to Thursday January 19 starting at 8:00 am. This class will teach the basics of using your carbine (AR 15, AK 47, lever action rifle, Ruger 10/.22, etc) in defensive situations. For more information, or to sign up for the class, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Alamogordo Ladies Concealed Carry Group… The next meeting of the Alamogordo Ladies Concealed Carry Group will be January 12, 2012, 6:30 pm – 8 pm, at a place to be announced. All ladies are welcome. If you know someone interested in concealed carry but hasn’t made a final decision, invite them to the join us.
Las Cruces Ladies Concealed Carry Group… This ladies group will be meeting on January 18, 2012 from 6:30 pm – 8 pm at the Command Bunker at 415 S. Valley in Las Cruces. All ladies are welcome. Whether you are in Las Cruces that day, or make a trip over just for the meeting, you will find this a very interesting group of ladies.
Cloudcroft Ladies Concealed Carry Group… The initial meeting of the Cloudcroft Ladies Concealed Carry Group went very well, with several ladies expressing interest in the group continuing to meet. The next meeting will be on January 9, with the time and place to be announced.
Basic Firearms Training Classes… If you are interested in learning the basics of the handgun, rifle or shotgun, then these introductory classes will get you started and will open you to the exciting world of recreational or defensive shooting. These classes are taught on request, so if you are interested please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040.
New Classes for 2012… In addition to the Specialty Classes listed below we are offering two new classes in 2012…
- Shooting from the Ground…a defensive situation can end up with you on the ground…learn a variety of different ground shooting techniques, including shooting as you get off the ground
- Concealed Carry Drills Review Class…a review of the basic defensive shooting drills taught in the Riclin Firearms Training, LLC Concealed Carry Class…students from other concealed carry classes are welcome as well
If you are interested in either of these classes please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Specialty Classes… We now offer a variety of specialty classes, including…
- Night Classes…learn to shoot at night…this is when most defensive situations occur and shooting at night is much different than shooting in the daylight
- Defensive Shotgun…learn to use your shotgun in a close quarters self defense situation
- Defensive Carbine…learn to use your AR, AK, 10/22 or lever action rifle in a close quarters self defense situation
- Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques
- Women’s Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques oriented towards women’s unique situations
If you are interested in taking one of these classes, please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we can discuss putting a class together. My teaching schedule is very flexible and can certainly accommodate the training and scheduling needs of you or your group.
Private, Individual or Specialized Classes… If your particular training needs are not being met by our regular classes, or you desire some one-on-one instruction to improve your shooting skills, please let me know. I’m willing to travel to your locale if we can work out the logistics.
Going Out To Eat… To determine if a particular restaurant has Restaurant license (which according to the NM Alcohol and Gaming Division means they can only sell beer and wine) go to http://www.dps.state.nm.us/.
Supporters… Thank you to all our supporters (and my apologies to any I have forgotten).
- Mac at Mesquite Firearms (575.437.4867)
- David at the Postal Annex in Ruidoso (575.973.1049)
- Kerry at Western Auto (575.437.0660)
- James at Basin Firearms (575.430.0541)
- Wyatt at the Gun Rack (575.443.1528)
- Larry at Fire Power Gun and Pawn of Ruidoso (575.257.3943)
- Robert at the Wal Mart (575.434.5870) Sporting Good Department
- Concealcarrychat.com… http://www.concealcarrychat.com
- Cressie at Mountain Magic in Cloudcroft (575.682.2348)
Please patronize these fine businesses that cater to and support shooters.
Tip of the Month… Practice shooting at longer ranges. Most people practice defensive shooting at relatively shot ranges…generally 7 yards or less. Try shooting for accuracy at 10 yards, then 15, then 20, etc. The greater the distance the more important the basic marksmanship fundamentals are. And as you improve your basic shooting fundamentals at longer ranges, you will find that your shooting will improve at shorter ranges as well.
In closing… Welcome to the new year. I am planning some interesting things for 2012…and am looking forward to training with you in 2012. Be safe!