This month’s thought is attributed to Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper, founder of Gunsite firearms training academy in Arizona…
If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.
There is a lot of truth in this statement and it is certainly something worth thinking about.
A YouTube Video Worth Watching… Somewhat along the lines of the Interesting Thought, here is a video worth watching in which a woman successfully defends herself from an attack, teaching her attacker a lesson…
Some interesting lessons…
- Consider how fast that occurred…no time to ask for help or for any help to arrive
- She didn’t seem to be aware of him until he got out of the car
- Very close range
- She kept backing up to get distance…there really wasn’t any other direction she could go in
- No time to use her sights
- That one shot, while it resolved the problem, did not completely disable the bad guy
- She was certainly more aware after she shot the guy…while she was getting into her pack to get her phone she was definitely looking around to see what else might be out there
What else did you see?