Interesting Thought… What is your role? If you are in a public place and suddenly find yourself in an active shooter or terrorist attack situation (think recent attacks in San Bernardino and Colorado Springs) what is your role? If escape is impossible, do you go after the threat(s)? Do you shelter in place? Do you provide life saving first aid to the injured while law enforcement deals with the threat? What is your role?
Even though much of our training is firearms oriented, you may not be in a position to use your firearm (or for some reason you may not even have it with you). The threat may be in another room or on the other side of the building. Others may be dealing with the threat. What is your role?
Every situation will be different and circumstances will likely dictate to a large extent what your role will be. So…some things to think about…What other training have you had besides your basic concealed carry class? Are you trained to provide emergency first aid to severely bleeding people. How good a physical condition are you in? Are you physically able to help others escape or transport a wounded individual to a safer location?
What is your role? Something to think about…
Give the Gift of Training for Christmas… If you are looking for some last minute gift ideas what better gift for a friend or loved one than to give them the gift of training? We have gift certificates available for any of the classes we teach. Contact me to discuss purchasing gift certificates.
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- January 9 & 10, 2016…Concealed Carry Class in Alamogordo (currently full…taking a waiting list)
- January 16 & 17…Concealed Carry Class in Alamogordo (currently full…taking a waiting list)
- Renewal and Refresher classes…I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
- Other classes…If you are interested in a particular class that isn’t currently in our calendar, or have a group of friends you would like to take a class with, let me know and we’ll make it happen.
Active Shooter/Terrorist Response Class Report… Our Active Shooter/Terrorist Response class in Las Cruces on November 21 was interesting and exciting. This scenario based class presented six scenarios relevant to an active shooter or terrorist attack. The students were given general guidelines for each scenario but had the opportunity to respond as they thought best, as long as they accomplished the end result (and did it safely). The class featured daylight and night time scenarios and included a ‘battlefield pick up’ of an AK47 scenario. Very interesting. Everyone said they enjoyed the class and really learned a lot. We’ll be offering this class again.
Tactical Medicine Class… This December 12 class was great and provided us very important information and skills everyone carrying a firearm needs to know. It was beyond basic first aid. We learned lifesaving techniques in dealing with traumatic injuries in stressful situations and austere environments where medical care may not be immediately available (active shooter, vehicle accident, wilderness accident, etc). Terry and Eve did a really good job teaching the class. The final scenario we did was interesting and eye opening. If you were unable to attend this class but are interested in taking it, please let me know. I’m sure we can get them to came back and teach it again. This is a class everyone should take!
Want a Private Concealed Carry Class?… Contact me if you are interested in a private concealed carry class for you and your family or a few friends. Scheduling is very flexible and we can work out a time that is convenient for you.
WesTex Run and Gun… For those interested in running and shooting events the Prude Ranch at Ft. Davis, TX is putting on the second annual WesTex Run and Gun (westexrun-n-gun.com) on February 6, 2016. These events are a real test of your fitness and firearms shooting and manipulation skills as well as an excellent test of your gear. I did this event last year and it was a lot of fun in a very picturesque environment. If you would like to do some training for this event contact me at email@example.com and I’d be happy to work with you.
Personalized Firearms Training… If you are interested in personalized firearms training tailored to your training needs or interests or those of you and a group of your friends, or for your business, contact me and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs.
We’ll begin by consulting with you to determine what your training needs are or what you would like to accomplish. Together we’ll decide how to best meet those needs.
Any of the classes Riclin offers, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal training basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Classes can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Scheduling is very flexible.
Regular Monthly Announcements (Reminders)…
- You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewalclass and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years. Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go tohttp://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Tip of the Month… Christmas is just days away. As you do your last minute Christmas shopping, be extra aware of the people in your environment. It can be difficult when you are in a crowded store with lots of people in your personal space, but be extra cautious. Your safety, and the safety of the loved ones with you, may depend on it.
In Closing… I would like to thank you all for your encouragement and support this year and wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! See you in 2016.