Interesting Thought… Here are a couple of quotes recently sent to me by a friend that you should give some thought to…
The right to keep and bear arms carries with it a responsibility – you must safeguard the welfare of others when handling a firearm. If you exercise the right, you must fulfill the responsibility.
And don’t forget:
- It’s always better to avoid a gunfight than to win one
- It’s always better to win one than to lose one
- If innocent life doesn’t immediately depend on it, don’t shoot
- And if it does, don’t miss
Upcoming Classes and Events…
- August 22…Night Class in Las Cruces
- August 29 & 30…Concealed Carry Class in Ruidoso
- September 12 & 13…Regular monthly Concealed Carry Class in Alamogordo
- Renewal and Refresher classes…I am doing these on request. If you need your Renewal or Refresher let me know and we’ll schedule your class. I have been doing these classes individually or in small groups for some time now and people seem to like this way of doing the classes.
- Other classes…If you are interested in a particular class that isn’t currently in our calendar, or have a group of friends you would like to take a class with, let me know and we’ll make it happen.
August 22 Night Class… This will be a different sort of night class. We will teach you how to use a flashlight with your handgun at night, as well as shooting at night without a light (not everyone has a flashlight handy all the time). But we will be adding three scenarios to this class for you to experience, including one in a movie theater. Also included will be dealing with an animal attack (I have had three students experience this after they received their concealed carry licenses) and a parking lot ambush. These have been designed to be as realistic as possible and should make for an interesting class. For more information, or to sign up for the class, contact me at email@example.com or Coralie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New for Veterans–Orientation to Concealed Carry in New Mexico Class… Yes, active duty military and veterans who have been discharged for less that 20 years can receive a New Mexico Concealed Carry License with no training. So…do you know when you can legally use deadly force (hint…simply feeling threatened isn’t good enough)? Do you know where you may or may not carry your concealed handgun? Do you understand the potential liability you are accepting if you carry your concealed handgun? How do you deal with a traffic stop if you are carrying a concealed handgun? Ignorance of the law will be no excuse if you violate the law while carrying your concealed handgun.
Our new Orientation to Concealed Carry in New Mexico Class is designed to make you aware of all these things.
This class is also available to people who have a concealed carry license from a state that has reciprocity with New Mexico (i.e. Florida or Arizona) and are interested in learning the legal aspects of concealed carry in New Mexico. For anyone interested in working on their defensive shooting skills a shooting session can be scheduled separately. Contact me if you would like more information about this unique class.
Personalized Firearms Training… If you are interested in personalized firearms training tailored to your training needs or interests or those of you and a group of your friends, or for your business, contact me and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs.
We’ll begin by consulting with you to determine what your training needs are or what you would like to accomplish. Together we’ll decide how to best meet those needs.
Any of the classes Riclin offers, from Individual Training Sessions, Concealed Carry, Defensive Handgun, Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training, can be done on a personal training basis for individuals, businesses or small groups. Classes can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Scheduling is very flexible.
Regular Monthly Announcements (Reminders)…
- You need to take a Refresher (re-qualification) course two years after you receive your New Mexico concealed handgun license and you need to take a Renewal class and apply to NMDPS for your concealed carry license to be renewed after four years. Take a look at your license periodically and make sure you take those classes. If you are in need of either the Refresher or Renewal classes, contact me and we can schedule your class.
- To Learn Which Restaurants Sell Beer and Wine Only… You may carry your concealed handgun in a restaurant in New Mexico that is licensed to sell beer and wine only. This is known as a Restaurant License. Go to http://rldverification.rld.state.nm.us/Verification/Search.aspx?facility=Y and do a search. You can enter the name of the restaurant and see what kind of license they have, or you can get a list of all the restaurants with a restaurant license in that particular county. And remember… you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Tip of the Month… An interesting drill that will improve your shooting by working on your basic sight alignment and trigger technique…Start at 3 yards (or even closer) and fire one round into your target. Then fire one round at that hole using your typical two handed grip. Then fire one round at that original hole with your strong hand only. Then fire one round with your weak hand only. Then fire a final round with your weak hand supported by your strong hand. Your goal is to fire all 5 rounds into the same hole. When you can do this at 3 yards (or whatever your initial distance is) back up a couple of steps and repeat the process. Try it…it will improve your shooting if you stick with it.
In closing… Fall is coming…it will be getting cooler…get to the range and practice…I’ll see you there!