Interesting Thought… According to Massad Ayoob, in the March 2012 issue of Guns Magazine, ‘in some 40 years of NYPD gunfights, 38 percent or more have been 1-handed shooting events.’ Think about that. Approximately one third of their gunfights have been one handed. How much practicing do you do one handed? How about with your weak hand? See the Tip of the Month at the end of this newsletter…
Concealed Carry Class… August 11 & 12…Completion of this class meets the training requirement for a New Mexico Concealed Handgun License and enables you to apply for that license. If you have any questions, or would like to sign up for the class, contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Refresher and Renewal… Don’t forget to check the expiration date on your license to see if you need to take a Refresher (2 years after the issue date of your license) or a Renewal (2 months prior to the expiration date on your license). I have been doing these classes on request, so when you need your Refresher or Renewal please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we’ll set up a time for your class.
Alamogordo Ladies Concealed Carry Group… has now become Gals & Guns. For more information please go to the website http://gals-and-guns.com/ and enter your name and email address in the area provided. Their next event is another “Annie get Your Gun” event on Tuesday evening August 14 beginning at 6:30 pm.
Personal Firearms Training… If you are interested in Personal Firearms Training geared to your specific needs or interests let me know. Many people prefer one-on-one or small group training and Riclin Firearms Training, LLC, is now offering personal firearms training to meet the needs of those individuals and groups. Any of the classes Riclin offers, from Concealed Carry to Advanced Defensive Handgun to Defensive Carbine and Shotgun classes, as well as Basic Firearms Training can be done on a personal training basis. And the scheduling is very flexible. For more information about personal firearms training contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and I’d be happy to visit with you about meeting your training needs. Also, more information will be available on the web site soon.
Basic Firearms Training Classes… If you are interested in learning the basics of the handgun, rifle or shotgun, these introductory classes will get you started and will open your eyes to the exciting world of recreational, competitive or defensive shooting. These classes are taught on request, so if you are interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Specialty Classes… We now offer a variety of specialty classes, including…
- Women’s Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques oriented towards women’s unique situations
- Night Classes…learn to shoot at night…this is when most defensive situations occur and shooting at night is much different than shooting in the daylight
- Defensive Shotgun…learn to use your shotgun in a close quarters self defense situation
- Defensive Carbine…learn to use your AR, AK, 10/22 or lever action rifle in a close quarters self defense situation
- Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques
- Shooting from the Ground…learn to shoot effectively from the ground in the event that you end up on the ground in a defensive situation
- Concealed Carry Drills Class…a review of the various drills from the Riclin Concealed Carry Class.
If you are interested in taking one of these classes please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we can discuss putting a class together. My teaching schedule is very flexible and can certainly accommodate the training and scheduling needs of you or your group.
Going Out To Eat… When you are heading out to eat, go to the following web site to determine if the restaurant you are going to has a Restaurant license which allows them to sell only beer and wine https://riclin.net/. And remember…you cannot consume alcohol while you are carrying your concealed handgun.
Supporters… Thank you to all our supporters (and my apologies to any I have forgotten).
- David at the Postal Annex in Ruidoso (575.973.1049)
- Kerry at Western Auto (575.437.0660)
- James at Basin Firearms (575.430.0541)
- Wyatt at the Gun Rack (575.443.1528)
- Larry at Fire Power Gun and Pawn of Ruidoso (575.257.3943)
- Robert at the Wal Mart (575.434.5870) Sporting Good Department
- Concealcarrychat.com… http://www.concealcarrychat.com
- Cressie at Mountain Magic in Cloudcroft (575.682.2348)
Tip of the Month… Practice shooting with your strong hand only and your weak hand only. Include one hand reloading. Practice your presentation from concealment one handed as well. You never know when one handed skills might come in handy…or be necessary.
In closing… Remember to always be aware of your environment…and be safe!