An Interesting Thought… ”Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It’s a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don’t get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.” There is a lot of truth in this statement from the Defensive Carry forum (www.defensivecarry.com/forum). Think about it…
Private or Individualized Training… More people have been scheduling individual or small group classes to meet their specific training needs. If your particular training needs are not being met by our regular classes, or you desire some on-on-one instruction to improve your shooting skills, please let me know. I’m willing to travel to your locale if we can work out the logistics.
April Concealed Carry Class… April 14 & 15…this is our regular monthly concealed carry class. Completion of this class meets the training requirement for a New Mexico Concealed Handgun License and enables you to apply for that license. If you have any questions, or would like to sign up for the class, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Refresher Class… Don’t forget to check the expiration date on your license to see if you need to take a Refresher (2 years after the issue date of your license) or a Renewal (2 months prior to the expiration date on your license). I have been doing these classes on demand, so when you need the class contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Alamogordo Ladies Concealed Carry Group… The next meeting of the Alamogordo Ladies Concealed Carry Group will be April 10, 2012, at the Cuba Ave Church of Christ beginning at 6:30. If you know someone interested in concealed carry, whether they carry or not, invite them to the join us.
Interesting Numbers… from the Concealed Carry Unit in Albuquerque…as of March 9, there are 23,461 concealed carry licenses in New Mexico. In Otero County there are 1019 licenses, in Dona Ana County there are 1886 and in Lincoln County there are 459.
Basic Firearms Training Classes… If you are interested in learning the basics of the handgun, rifle or shotgun, then these introductory classes will get you started and will open you to the exciting world of recreational or defensive shooting. These classes are taught on request, so if you are interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 575.430.3040.
Specialty Classes… We now offer a variety of specialty classes, including…
- Women’s Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques oriented towards women’s unique situations
- Night Classes…learn to shoot at night…this is when most defensive situations occur and shooting at night is much different than shooting in the daylight
- Defensive Shotgun…learn to use your shotgun in a close quarters self defense situation
- Defensive Carbine…learn to use your AR, AK, 10/22 or lever action rifle in a close quarters self defense situation
- Advanced Defensive Handgun Class…advanced defensive handgun shooting techniques
- Shooting from the Ground…learn to shoot effectively from the ground in the event that you end up on the ground in a defensive situation
- Concealed Carry Drills Class…a review of the various drills from the Riclin Concealed Carry Class.
If you are interested in taking one of these classes, please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 575.430.3040 and we can discuss putting a class together. My teaching schedule is very flexible and can certainly accommodate the training and scheduling needs of you or your group.
Going Out To Eat… When you are heading out to eat, go to the following web site to determine if the restaurant you are going to has a Restaurant license which allows them to sell only beer and wine https://riclin.net/.
Supporters… Thank you to all our supporters (and my apologies to any I have forgotten).
- Mac at Mesquite Firearms (575.437.4867)
- David at the Postal Annex in Ruidoso (575.973.1049)
- Kerry at Western Auto (575.437.0660)
- James at Basin Firearms (575.430.0541)
- Wyatt at the Gun Rack (575.443.1528)
- Larry at Fire Power Gun and Pawn of Ruidoso (575.257.3943)
- Robert at the Wal Mart (575.434.5870) Sporting Good Department
- Concealcarrychat.com… http://www.concealcarrychat.com
- Cressie at Mountain Magic in Cloudcroft (575.682.2348)
Please patronize these fine businesses that cater to and support shooters.
Tip of the Month… Shoot one handed often, with your weak hand only as well as with your strong hand only! I know I have probably said this before, but in reading the March 2012 issue of Guns magazine I found an article by Massad Ayoob who states “I’ve talked to guys who survived shooting weak-hand who would have been killed otherwise because their strong hand was out of commission, and I can’t help but notice that in some 40 years of NYPD gunfights, 38 percent or more have been 1-handed shooting events.” This article reinforced to me that fact that you need to be ambidextrous in your shooting.
In closing… Keep Training and practicing. Defensive shooting skills, especially with the handgun, are perishable and you need to practice to maintain your skills. Let me know if I can help.